Learn and share ideas, resources, and best practices with other network members across Washington State about local food sourcing by connecting cafeterias to Washington farmers and products. Nutrition staff, food producers, non-profits and resource providers share ideas, questions, challenges, and solutions with each other to help advance work around the state on increasing local foods in childcare & K-12 school cafeterias.
This Community of Practice (CoP) consists of an email list with members statewide, and the opportunity to participate in regular conference calls with other members on topics related to sourcing local, Washington grown foods for school meal programs.
Network members can email all members of the Local Food Sourcing Community of Practice by sending a message to this email address:
Conference Calls & Activities
- Spring 2023 Farm to School Roadshow: Connecting Local Producers and School Buyers!
- Tuesday, March 21, 2023 – Spokane, WA
- Tuesday, March 28, 2023 – Mount Vernon, WA
- Thursday, March 30, 2023 – Tumwater, WA
- Register by Monday, March 6th: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7185935/F2S-Roadshow-Registration
Past conference calls and activities:
- Dec. 9, 2020 Workshop on Facilitating Market & Sales Planning with Farmers and Schools with Northwest Agriculture Business Center and Cloud Mountain Farm Center – Watch the recording
- February 2020 – School Buyer and Farmer Planning Meetings with WSDA Farm to School
- December 17, 2019 at 1pm – Read the Notes
- April 4, 2019 at 9am – Stream the recording: Audio or Video
- January 10, 2019 at 8am – Stream the recording: Audio or Video
- October 25, 2018 at 8am – Read the Notes
Conference calls are currently being convened by WSDA Farm to School and OSPI Child Nutrition
Not a member yet? Sign up as a Washington State Farm to School Network member to join the Local Food Sourcing Community of Practice.
Current Local Food Sourcing Community of Practice Members: